We've finally got our new heat exchanger fitted and working and it's a beast too! It's specified for a 15 barrel brewery - to give us ample expansion room - and it should cut our transfer time to FV from 2 hours to about 45 minutes once our new Lowara pump arrives from Italy (don't ask, it's cheaper that way).
Just to be sure, however, we gave it a blast today with our 29th brew, "Lucifer Juice", which is an amended version of a testbrew we did about 6 months back using the blackcurranty, spicy and even musky Experimental 366 hop. This version is a lot weaker at 3.8% or so, but will keep the big fruity hop characater which made the original testbrew a success.
Today marks a milestone (of sorts) in that, for the first time since we started brewing back in June, we have all 4 FVs full of beer! OK, one is being transferred to tank for dry-hopping tomorrow, but the fact is they're all full and the picture below proves it! (if you believe whiteboards that is...)
|The board never lies...|
|Our new heat exchanger, fitted (and used) today !!|